An ultimate collection of 20+ keyword research tools for SEO. The complete collection of keyword research tools that would allow to do a keyword research, competitive analysis and rank tracking.
You’ve probably seen it. These days, there are a gazillion different tools to do a good keyword research online.
It’s really hard to keep track on which tools are better and for what purpose. This is why we’ve made this article where we review the 18+ best keyword research tools for SEO.
Please feel free to add your own thoughts and tools you recommend in the comment section below.
So lets get started..
Table Of Content:
Keyword Research Tools for SEO Reviews:
KWFinder (aka Keyword Finder) is a tool run by Mangools. It’s a keyword research tool which runs in the cloud, meaning that you don’t have to download any software to use it.
Among its features are finding long-tail keywords, finding search volume for local keywords, analyzing keyword difficulty to see if you have a chance of ranking and to find questions related to your keywords.
- Clean & easy to use User Interface
- It has 3 different methods to do keyword research
- You get data like search volume and search trends
- The tool is very affordable as compared to other tools in the market.
- It doesn’t have a competitive analysis features
- No support for multi-tabbed keyword research
Price: Starts from $29.9/mo
SEMRush is a robust all-in-one search engine optimization, competitor analysis, and marketing suite that consists of numerous tools which are very useful for digital marketing experts.
They’ve created many powerful tools to help improve your marketing efforts whether it’s SEO, PPC, ad campaigns, content marketing, backlinks, keyword research and implementation, SERP, social media and much more.
You can grab a 7-Days FREE Trial coupon here.
- It’s relatively cheap, easy to use and has a wealth of information.
- You can understand what your backlink profile looks like today and how its changing.
- Shows what you’re ranking for AND what you should rank for
- SERP reports are really detailed
- It is slow to update
- Their dashboard might be overwhelming and not easy enough to customize.
Price: Starts from $99.95/mo
Price: Starts from $12.00/mo
Long Tail Pro is a powerful keyword research software. Long Tail Pro allows the user to generate hundreds or thousands of unique “Long Tail” keywords in a matter of minutes based on 1 single root keyword or multiple root keywords at once.
For example, Long Tail Pro allows you to generate much more than 800 keywords using the data from the Google keyword tool.
- They provide keyword research, a competitive analysis and rank checking in one tool
- It’s a straightforward and easy to use online software
- They make a lot of “How To” videos to make you understand the platform better
- 60-day Money Back Guarantee
- It take relatively a long time to get results for related keywords – when it’s a big list.
Price: Free trail. Starts from $25.00/mo
SpyFuis a cloud-hosted system that provides valuable information on the most profitable keywords and ads for paid and organic search. SEO and PPC professionals benefit greatly from the cutting edge technology being offered by this platform, and the fact that it guarantees them a more successful online marketing strategy that would boost revenue, and win more customers in the process.
- Good Reporting tool on overall visibility.
- Allows you to quickly access keywords information and ppc history relevant to your clients. Can also print your reports.
- Kombat is a great feature to find shared keywords, very easy to see where some competitors may be differentiating in unique ways.
- Great tool to find competitors keywords and their ads. You get good insight into your competitors.
- There are some websites which are missing in their database so their campaigns are not shown.
- The biggest issue is exporting graphs and charts. Only the data is exported. Its a little sluggish at times too.
- With so many dashboards and options, it’s often difficult to find what data is the most needed.
Price: Starts from $33.00/mo
WordStream Advisor is a suite of online marketing and advertising tools. It helps businesses cover Keyword Research and Management for PPC and SEO campaigns.
Unlike free online marketing services, WordStream offers premium capabilities including integrations with industry leading products like Google AdWords and Google Analytics.
WordStream helps businesses perform PPC campaign management and keyword research, as well as execute viable SEO strategies.
- You can manage many of Adwords tasks, get intelligence, and actionable items in a few minutes.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Makes Google Adwords management much simpler.
- Their “conversion tracker” feature has some issues.
- Has limited capabilities in comparison to directly manage your campaigns from Google or Bing
Price: Starts from $264.00/mo
Wordtracker is a high performing keywords search and a copetitive analysis tool. It uses its information from multiple sources to show you related keyword search results.
Wordtracker combines the result from sources like Amazon, YouTube, Google and others.
- Has a huge database of over 400 million keywords to search from.
- Incredibly easy to use.
- Knows how show you also popular keyword misspelling to help you on your SEO efforts.
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee:
- There have been complains about bugs and performance issues.
- Support is available only in UK opening hours.
Price: Starts from $27.00/mo
Serpstat is a comprehensive platform for search engine optimization. It is designed to help businesses improve their performance in major SEO areas, specifically marketing, search analytics, content marketing, PPC, and more.
You can use it to find new keyword opportunities, content ideas, analyze PPC campaigns, and perform in-depth competitor research.
- Easily discover organic keywords and your search engine position.
- Has on-site auditing.
- Hands-on support
- Helpful for keyword strategy by using rank tracking and backlinks data.
- Takes time to learn the platform.
- Can be slow sometimes to process big databases.
- Lacking some features like finding a parent keyword from long tail keywords and vice versa.
Price: Free trail. Starts from $19.00/mo
- Robust analytics & reporting capabilities.
- Keyword research for creating a tailored campaign to a particular need or segment.
- Keyword optimization and adjustments.
- Data download speeds (ie, waiting a long time for a report to load).
- Has a learning curve to it.
Price: Free to download and use via the Microsoft Office Excel interface.
- Very easy to use and to understand
- The data is really accurate.
- It works really fast!
- It enables you to know what posts on your website are ranked on the first four pages of google and which ones aren’t
- You can’t get local search results, it automatically searches global search results.
- Language is set to English only.
Price: Free trial. Start from $19.00/mo
Google Ads Keyword Planner is a keyword research tool that allows you to find the right keywords to target for display ads, search ads, video ads, and app ads.
This keyword tool combines elements of two existing keyword tools, the Google Keyword Tool and the AdWords Traffic Estimator, adding a more structured and integrated workflow as well as all sorts of bells and whistles.
- It’s a great tool for local SEO – Instead of searching either “local” or “global” columns, you can now target a specific city or area.
- A great tool for seeing which keywords are related by topic. Google reports the total search volume for this group of related keywords.
- You can look at data all the way back to 5 years ago instead of just 1 year.
- Google is offering fewer suggestions for keywords.
- Keyword filters have been reduced. Instead of being able to search for keyword info based more closely to ‘exact matches’.
Price: Depends on your budget.
Google Trends is an online search tool that allows you to see how often specific keywords, subjects and phrases have been queried over a specific period of time.
It works by analyzing a portion of Google searches to compute how many searches have been done for the terms entered, relative to the total number of searches done on Google over the same time.
- You get real-time data on any keyword
- Very simple and easy to use
- You can look at data all the way back to 20 years ago.
- You have also related keyword suggestions
- Data is aggregated so therefore does not provide detail on the actual volume of search activity online
- Some of the industry segmentation could be improved to provider great insight on specific markets
Soovle is a customizable engine that unites the suggestion services from all the major providers in one place: Google, Bing, Amazon, Answers.com, Yahoo, Wikipedia, Youtube. It brings a major help for keyword research and content curation.
- You get data from a very large database of all major search engines
- Easy to use and clear value
- You get a very limited amount of keywords
- Not all of the information is accurate
Keyword.io is a free keyword research tool that allows you to create a comprehensive list of highly relevant keyword suggestions to create and improve your message and connect with your audience better.
It can help you with finding the actual phrases people use to find information, products and services.
- You get data from a very large database of all major search engines
- Easy to use and clear value
- You can generate hundreds of keyword suggestions
- You can search also on eCommerce sites like amazon, alibaba and more.
- It not automated which means you’d need to do a lot of work manually
Price: Free. Pro plan starts from $29.00/mo
- It’s free
- It has reliable data
- Clear and comprehensive keyword suggestions
- Lacks advanced filtering features
Keyword research is the bedrock of SEO. With a research tool like Keyword Explorer you can figure out what keywords people are searching, what keywords you’re already ranking for, the demand for certain searches, and the strength of other sites competing for your target keywords.
- It’s best for identifying long-tail keyword opportunities
- It provides accurate search volume data
- Keyword suggestion filters reveal a lot of keyword results.
- Detailed SERP data for SERP feature opportunities.
- Organic competition metric.
- Can be sometimes overwelming
- No Google Sheet download integration.
- No “select all” option.
- English-only International keyword results.
- No monthly keyword trend data available.
Price: Free trail. Pro starts from $99.00/mo
Keyword Tool is a research tool that digs up long-tail keyword phrases for building a successful online business in any niche using SEO. It’s designed as a tool for generating up to 750 ideas from each term you punch into the search bar.
- It’s good with identifying long-tail keyword
- It has good keyword suggestions
- Doesn’t show all features for the free version
- Doesn’t provide a lot of data on each keyword.
Price: Free. Pro starts from $48.00/mo
Ahrefs.com is a well-known toolset for backlinks and SEO analysis. It combines three powerful SEO tools in one interface:
- Organic keyword research – See what keywords your competitors are ranking for and which pages bring the most traffic from search.
- Backlink checker – See which website are linking to your competitors and gauge the quality of their backlink profile.
Paid traffic research – Learn whether your competitors are doing paid search advertising and where they funnel their paid traffic.
- Its metrics are accurate, the keyword positions, organic keywords data, competing domains feature
- Easy to use and “it just works”
- It crawls and indexes new keywords and backlinks really fast
- It’s expensive
- Scaling to a larger pricing plan isn’t ideal for enterprises
Price: Starts from $99.00/mo
- No Installation Required
- Faster Than Most Keyword Research Tools
- Solid Keyword Research Functions
- Optimized for Mobile Use
- It’s relatively expensive
Price: Starts from $40.00/mo
In this article we’ve mentioned our 18+ best keyword research tools available on the web. It takes time to get to know each one of them, but in a long term view, you should find the best tools to work with.
Feel free to comment down below and suggest us other tools you’ve used or your thoughts about any of the tools mentioned.